Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I love this song, and it reminds me that we have to be desperate for him, to let him into our lives and follow him without a doubt in our hearts. Every breath in me, I should be giving to him. How can I do that if I can't trust? This is something that I really struggle with, this is so much talking to myself more than anyone. I have such a hard time realizing that he is the one who made me and I need to learn how to open my heart and let him in.

I HAVE TO let him break me to pieces, mold me into what he wants of me. To shadder me into a million pieces, not gently because I need more than that to really become his...I've had my easy way out, and it has already come and gone. I NEED him to tear me to pieces and really conform me to him. Just some further thoughts. Hope you enjoy. :)

Family Force Five-Replace Me

"This heart it wants to beat
These Lungs they want to breathe
These eyes they want to see
Gotta Mouth that wants to sing

Desperation
Needing You
Every last breath
I scream for You
Shatter me into a million pieces...Make me new

Crush me, tear me, break me, mold me
Make me what You want me to be
I am Yours for You to use
so, Take and Replace me with You

Needing more than just a jump start to get me through
My disconnection is now the issue.....

Desperation
Needing You
Every last breath
I scream...

Desperation
Needing You
Every last breath
I scream for You
Shatter me into a million pieces...Make me new

Crush me, tear me, break me, mold me
Make me what You want me to be
I am Yours for You to use
so, Take and Replace me with You



I need so bad, to have my whole self "replaced" by Christ. Everything I am centered on is wrong, I need him and everything I have I want to scream out to him. I want to cry out to him with all I have. I am truly desperate for his spirit to dwell in me.

Desperate, its such an awesome word. The Israelites were "desperate" for God, when the Midianites were destroying them, in their desperation, it says they cried out to God with all they had because they couldn't do it alone.

We can't do it alone, he is out only hope. This is the most important thing to start with. We HAVE to give our control up to God, give it ALL to God. It is so hard, I know we all struggle with GIVING it up to God. Why does it have to be so Hard?

He says he will NEVER forsake us, leave us. He loves us so much and we should have every reason to trust him.

Hebrews 13:5--"Never will I leave you, NEVER will I forsake you."
He tells us not to let our hearts be troubled with things of the World, because he is the only way, and he has prepared a way for us. (John 14) He is the ONLY way, the truth, the real reason we are living today, without him we are nothing. He created this world, he knows our hearts but still we cannot trust him. He says he has "searched our hearts". (Psalm 139) Not only does he know us, he has searched us deeply, he knows when we sit and rise...he knows every tiny thought that we can think. It is amazing how much he knows us, how deeply he cares to spend that much time getting to know our hearts, and so why can't we trust him?

PROVERBS 3:5 (one of my favorite verses)

TRUST in the LORD with ALL your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in ALL your ways acknowledge him and HE WILL make your paths straight."

We can not lean on our own perception of things. He has the big picture of our lives, we may be able to see within a couple years, maybe not even that far, but he can see our whole lives before his eyes. We forget how much he loves us, and that he would NEVER let us fall. It shouldn't be that scary when we think of it in that way.

We have to unlock our hearts, from the inside out, and let him in!! He can not help us if we don't let him in. He knows our weaknesses, he knows our strengths, he wants to remove ALL doubt from our hearts. We may not understand why he wants us to give up a certain thing, or how something is going to work out, but If we would only trust that he knows best and take his hand, then maybe we could really find peace. Because we spend so much time worrying, and carrying all these burdens, that he wants so desperately to take from us.

GALATIANS 5:1
"1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."


We are not slaves to sin, to burdens, to pain. Nothing can hold us captive now without our own permission, and the enemy has no authority over us once we decide we are ready to get out. Christ has set us free from these things through his blood when he cancelled out the old laws with his sacrifice. Sure we will experience pain, and suffering, but he has told us:

JAMES 1:2-4
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.


Anyway, we have to learn how to trust God. He loves us so so much and it is impossible for our lives to be changed entirely, of him to mold us, to break our hearts and conform us if we can't give him the key to our hearts first. Every victory starts with the Lord, and nothing can be done without him in our lives. Simple as that. We NEED him! We have to have him inside our hearts. <3

PSALM 18:28-36
28 You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light.
29 With your help I can advance against a troop [a] ;
with my God I can scale a wall.
30 As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the LORD ?
And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You give me your shield of victory,
and your right hand sustains me;
you stoop down to make me great.
36 You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn.


In Christ,

Kayleigh :)

P.S. By the way, I would LOVE to get feed back on this, it would be awesome if I could start a discussion on this. It is good to talk about things, to disagree, to agree...etc. Feel free to correct me, to comment, anything. :) thanks

No comments:

Blog Archive

All about Me! :)