Saturday, November 11, 2006

Family History

Isn't it just strange thinking about the genealogy of our families, and the thousands of ancestors we have never heard of? If you really give it much thought, we all could be related, since everything started with Adam and Eve. It is as if we are one huge family, all of us, our genes have just been mixed together too many times to count, making it seem as if there is no possible connection.

I made a strange, and a bit frightening discovery today. Me and my memaw were looking at the genealogy records on the Internet, racking our brains trying to think of the names of my great- great-great grandmother and father. I learned my great great grandmother's maiden name was actually "Moore". The surprised me because I have a good friend by the name of "Moore". So I was talking about it, and it just so happens that all of her sisters, that held the name"Moore" also, had red hair. Well my "friend" has red hair. This could be a huge coincidence, but it is a bit frightening to think that me and him could be distant-distant-distant cousins by some odd chance. I just had to write about this because it freaked me out way too much to pass it by.

Like I said, this may be a huge coincidence, but it is all so fascinating to think about.

<3>

2 comments:

Arkanblogger Family said...

You know, our Grandfather looked into that, and we found out we were related to some people that we would rather not be related to, along with those that we are proud of. It is rather interesting.

Paige

Kayleigh said...

Wow, you never know who you could be related to. My family cemetary has a horse theif in it, so evidentally we are related to him,.. or her.

Blog Archive

All about Me! :)