Thursday, July 02, 2009

I'm longing for something.
Something alive, cold,a breathing beating something...
that could awaken my sleeping body and
strike a fire within me.

I need something maddening and crashing,
an awakening of self. Who will come to
feed...to give this need. And all I am hoping for is
useless.

Step once onto the rocky soil, and feel the wind around
my face, wisp wishing inside my hair. The smell of
blood is in the air..an erie silence fills the ear.
Something is coming, a light is blooming, a change is
near, it's looming over me.

I see a cloud in the distance, swirling into a shivery
dark mass of anger and pain, filled with the tears
of a thousand years. Champions and warriors, the
blood and sweat of a thousand men all poured out in
this one thunderous cloud. I gaze under
and my eyes fall upon him.
Blood...oh it drips through his eyes, mixing with tears as he cries..
father forgive them. Before he takes his last breath,
he stares me straight in the eye.

Oh what a maddening, earth shattering, heart moldering, gut
wrenching, mind blowing fire. This fire that has
consumed me. That man who I guess knew me, very well indeed..
he suffers, he cries, he wails, he suffocated right in front of my eyes.

He has convicted me. He is awakened me. That what I do on this Earth, the least of these, is done to bind up the wounds of the world, is done for he.

Oh Jesus you died. You died, you freely gave what I never could have given. You surely gave away all the love I'm too scared to give. Must I keep living like I never knew you, like you were just a flower crushed on the ground.

Your alive...and oh that scarlet blood, shall it wash me, so that my hands can give even an ounce of cleansing to this world...and give glory to you.

No comments:

Blog Archive

All about Me! :)