Friday, November 17, 2006

Art and other pictures

These are pictures of art, and other things I am proud of. I hope you enjoy them!

This is a kind of bad picture, but oh well. On the left is the head BMW guy(executive maybe, I don't know what to call him) and the other one is my art teacher, Coach Lindley.
This is at the BMW contest, as I'm accepting my check from the head guy(far right in the suit) and that is my wonderful art teacher in the blue next to me. My picture is on the screen behind, but they cropped and I don't know why.

OK, this picture of me is bad but the drawing is really what counts. This is my famous "Lady in Blue" that won 2ND in state and BMW. I love it, there is nothing else to it. My pepaw thinks it's strange though, maybe it is, but I won me 250 dollars so I'm not complaining, and besides aren't artists supposed to be a bit strange? :)







This one is also a favorite. It was actually a minor, meaning it was the warm-up drawing before the major of this media. It actually has an interesting story behind it. Our assignment was to find a piece of architecture, a building of some kind that had character. So me and my memaw went to Little Rock, so I could photograph some of the houses in the historic district, seeing as most of those houses are absolutely beautiful! Well I was taking a picture of this(not this one I drew) house, and this teenage boy comes out and asks me why I'm taking a picture of his house, so I'm kinda scared, like what do I say? So I told him it was an art assignment, and he just kinda looked at me like he had no idea what the word "art" meant. And for the record it wasn't like I was on their property, I was on the street a ways away taking a simple shot. Well we drove away, and that is when I found this wonderful house and I believe it worked quite well. It is matted also, it just doesn't show it. This one hasn't competed.



Again, I am very sorry for the odd shape of this one, my camera couldn't capture the whole thing. This one is titled "Joy". It is of one of my dear friends, and expresses so much Joy ,so I felt the name fit well. This one is also much larger in person, approximately 18x16 I believe, I'm not sure exactly. It won honorable mention in the Emotionalism category at state.






This is a picture of my "Pointe of Grace". I did a bit of research for this name, I found that the tip of the toe on a ballerina is called a "pointe". So that is where the name originates from. This one I did last year, I am very proud of it. At first I didn't like it, and my Art Teacher, Coach Lindley, had to almost Twist my arm to finish it...but I am very grateful because it is one of my favorites. It is about 18x24, larger with the full matte. It won 1st in the ASU Beebe contest, and has yet to compete in State, but it will this year. (sorry for the odd shape of the matte, it is normal in real life I promise. :)












This is a picture of Kayla Oudthone and I at the BMW overall competition. This is her piece, that won overall in state and BMW. It is completely beautiful, and flawless. She won 1st I believe, and then overall, and I won 2ND, and honorable mention for the overall competition. Fun times!

No comments:

Blog Archive

All about Me! :)