Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tonight was beautiful. Tonight I got to have a wonderful time with some awesome friends, and spend some much needed talking time with my wonderful friend Mandy.

Sitting under the stars sipping our iced coffees with a hint of soy milk, watching in annoyance the mosquitoes that were flying around our heads, just talking...it was really a breath of fresh air. It just got me thinking, how wonderful is it to be able to share thoughts, confusions, pains, fears with someone and understand and feel each other in such similar ways. I think that God really did create relationships to be like that, to be able to aid each other in figuring out these things that just trip us and knock us down. We are never alone in our troubles.

I say this because I realized tonight that I really need to start following my heart. Like for instance, I have decided that no matter the cost, no matter if I end up a simple art teacher, I am going to choose the "risky" road and be a fine art major.

I recently found a volunteer opportunity at the children's hospital in Little Rock, and they need volunteers for something called the art cart. It is where they have someone go around and do arts and crafts off of this cart with all the patients in the hospital. Oh my goodness what a perfect opportunity that would be! So hopefully this will work out and I will be able to do this for a while. I think it might be a solution to my future...this might just be what I want to devote my life to, simply doing art with people and helping them cope. :)

How awesome is it that God can take the passions that he has placed in our hearts, and direct them toward helping others and furthering his kingdom. In ALL things we can glorify him no matter if it is hair dressing, or cooking, no matter what he can use it and I am beginning to really learn that. :)

Thanks for reading.

Love KB

No comments:

Blog Archive

All about Me! :)